The Multicultural Leadership Program (MCLP) was created in 2020 to address the racial and gender disparities that professionals of diverse cultural backgrounds experience in the workplace and in professional settings. This program is designed for professionals of various cultural backgrounds to build self-awareness on their cultural values and unique challenges faced in the workplace. MCLP is also designed to help participants gain greater confidence and motivation to reach their professional goals, have a better understanding of how to think and strategize in leadership roles, effectively lead diverse teams, increase their visibility, and build a strong support network across communities.
Since 1982, HACE has served as a resource for Latino/a/x/e professionals in the workplace, a source of expertise, and has provided insight for corporations seeking to access Latino/a/x/e talent. We are proud to expand our reach to a multicultural workforce and offer valuable tools and resources as participants advance in their career trajectories. We are committed to helping our participants succeed in every phase of their careers.
- Newly promoted managers & supervisors
- Professionals with 5-10+ years of experience
- High potential leaders, Employee Resource Group (ERG) or Business Resource Group (BRG) leaders
- Insights Discovery Leadership Assessment
- Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) Cultural Self-Assessment
- Multicultural Subject Matter Experts and Coaches
- 1 hour One-on-One Executive Coaching
- Networking with executives from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Alumni network of 500+ leaders and lifelong, continued professional development
- Incorporation of multiculturalism, intersectionality and allyship throughout curriculum
- 1 hour of pre-course preparation (onboarding session)
- 21 hours of content (including pre/post surveys)
- 7 hours of pre-session and group project preparation
- 1 hour confidential executive coaching
- 2 hours of networking events
- 3 hours of cohort group presentations
- 2 hours of graduation ceremony
MCLP is delivered over the course of 17 weeks with programming content, networking, and collaboration in a group project. Classes are held biweekly (except for the last week of graduation) and participants are expected to work with their assigned groups on their projects when class is not in session. Participants are allowed one absence to ensure they are maximizing the learning experience.
FALL 2023 VIRTUAL PROGRAM DATES & SESSIONS
*All sessions are held biweekly on Tuesdays from 4:00 pm-7:00 pm CST via ZOOM*
August 29, 2023 | Session 1: Leveraging Intersectional Identities and Cultural Value
September 12, 2023 | Session 2: Effectively Leading in a Diverse Workforce
September 26, 2023 | Session 3: Incorporating Intercultural Communication Strategies
October 10, 2023 | Session 4: Building Trust and Managing Change in a Global Workforce
October 24, 2023 | Session 5: Managers vs. Leaders
November 7, 2023| Session 6: Using Conflict Management Solutions for a Multicultural World
November 21, 2023 | Session 7: Implementing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion into Strategic Planning
December 5, 2023 | Session 8: Team Project Presentation
December 11, 2023 | Graduation and Networking
SPRING 2024 VIRTUAL PROGRAM DATES & SESSIONS
*All sessions will be held biweekly on Tuesdays from 4:00 pm-7:00 pm CST via ZOOM*
March 19th, 2024 | Session 1: Leveraging Intersectional Identities and Cultural Value
April 2nd, 2024 | Session 2: Effectively Leading in a Diverse Workforce
April 9th, 2024 | Session 3: Incorporating Intercultural Communication Strategies
April 23rd, 2024 | Session 4: Building Trust and Managing Change in a Global Workforce
May 7th, 2024 | Session 5: Managers vs. Leaders
May 21st, 2024 | Session 6: Using Conflict Management Solutions for a Multicultural World
June 4th, 2024 | Session 7: Implementing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion into Strategic Planning
June 18th, 2024 | Session 8: Team Project Presentation
June 27th, 2024 | Graduation and Networking
Participants should plan to attend all sessions. This is a fast-paced learning environment and the attendance policy allows for one missed session maximum. The Group Presentation does not classify as an excused absence unless there is an emergency.
PRICE AND PAYMENT OPTIONS
The Multicultural Leadership Program has a tuition cost of $3,995.
Below are payment options. Please review prior to completing an application:
Option #1 (Pay Individually): I understand I will be responsible for paying the program in full. If accepted, below are some options you may want to explore:
- Pay in full when accepted.
- Employer Tuition Reimbursement: Ask your employer for support! Click here for some tips and a sample letter you can tailor (based on the program information) to send to your supervisor to request professional development funds.
- Payment Plans: Under certain circumstances, HACE can provide payment plans. More information about this option will be available when you are accepted into the program.
- Click on the "Tuition Assistance" option to request information to be sent to you about available tuition assistance and scholarship opportunities.
*Partial tuition assistance is available for Chicago non-profit professionals courtesy of the MacArthur Foundation.
*Non-Chicago non-profit professionals are still encouraged to apply for other available tuition assistance and scholarship opportunities, which are awarded (based on demonstrated financial need & leadership goals) on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Option #2 (Company Scholarship): My employer is an HACE partner and nominated me for this opportunity & will be covering my tuition.
The Multicultural Leadership Program is presented during the Spring and Fall seasons. Applications for the Spring 2024 will open soon and will be due on February 15, 2024.
FOR MORE PROGRAM INFORMATION
Contact email@example.com or call 312-435-0498.
FOR SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-435-0498.
*Sign up for the below email list to get the HACE newsletter so you can stay alerted of the application process, upcoming programs, events, and resources.