Throughout its history, HACE has continuously provided scholarships to support students' educational goals. We aim to invest in the Latino/a/x/e community by awarding scholarships to college students with a drive and passion to further their education and have a passion for community involvement. Supporting education is a crucial part of the HACE mission in helping the Latino/a/x/e succeed in every phase of their careers.
Applications are closed for the 2023 Dr. Ervin "Vinny" Caraballo Scholarship
Congratulations to the 2023 Scholarship Recipients!
- Lizbeth Lopez Ayona, Minneapolis Community Technical College, MN
- Lizbeth Lopez, Lake Forest College, IL
- Vanesa Perez-Cabrera, Manchester University, IN
- Alfonso Porras, The University of Texas at San Antonio, TX
- Isabelle Boni, University of California, Berkeley, CA
- Jessica Aguilar, UC San Diego, CA
- Jimmie Warren, Utica University, NY
- Jocelyn Lopez, Loyola Marymount University, CA
- Maritza Salazar, University of Southern California, CA
- Mateo Maya, American University, CA
- Victoria Veloz-Vicioso, Mount Saint Mary College, NJ
- Amber Olmos, California State University, Dominguez Hills, CA
- Elderson Mercado Rivera, University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez, PR
- Gerardo Torres, Saint Xavie, IL
- Olga Rodriguez, University of California, Berkeley, CA
- Emily Martinez, San Jose State University, CA
- Gabriel Banda, University of Texas at Austin, TX
- Natividad Perez, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL
- Angel Maldonado Estrada, Minneapolis Community & Technical College, MN
About Dr. Ervin "Vinny" Caraballo
Dr. Caraballo was a driving force in HACE’s programming and growing impact on the Latino/a/x/e community. He served on the Board of Directors from 1996 through 2003, provided leadership and guidance as a member for the 25th anniversary committee in 2007. In 2013, he led HACE’s efforts in the research and publication of the HACE/Pulse Survey. In 2015, Vinny helped shape HACE’s vision for the future by participating in the Strategic Planning Committee. Above all, he served as a mentor and role model to HACE’s current President & CEO, Patricia Mota. Dr. Caraballo embodied HACE’s mission. His leadership, guidance, and presence are greatly missed. His life trajectory and accomplishments truly exemplify that of a great servant leader. In 2017, HACE established a scholarship celebrating Dr. Caraballo. HACE is proud that his rich legacy will continue to inspire lives for years to come via the HACE Dr. Ervin “Vinny” Caraballo Scholarship Fund.