Dear HACE Familia,
I am devastated that critical rights are increasingly being taken away from marginalized communities and we must act. Women are economic drivers and Latinas are increasingly at the forefront. Removing the rights from individuals to choose what they do with their bodies will hurt our economy and the progress that social justice movements were set to achieve, especially for women, people of color, and the LGBTQ+ community.
We challenge YOU to join us to do more and achieve more, all with intention, transparency, and accountability.
As employers, we must be intentional about statements and actions taken. Some key steps include:
- Providing an open safe forum for employees to respectfully express their concerns.
- Offering a list of resources for employees to learn more with resources like SHRM's Navigating Roe v. Wade in the Workplace page.
- Creating awareness on Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)/mental health resources.
As individuals, we each hold so many roles and it is critical that we are self-aware of those roles, especially as we are expressing our personal feelings.
This is a perfect example of the need for more diverse perspectives in positions of influence and power. HACE will continue to work on empowering our community to achieve their highest potential for themselves AND the communities we each represent – and that will take more Latinx representation in various leadership roles. Let’s each do our part.
- Make intentional time for self-care, personal check-ins, and being self-aware of your own emotions and mental health.
- Seek to understand various perspectives by asking questions.
- Get involved with organizations and work already being done in the community.
President & CEO
Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement (HACE)